To All of our lovely Clients,
We are now fully open and able to offer hair and beauty services, please however do double check with us regarding close contact services related to the facial area, as these are restricted and can change at any point to respond to the development of the pandemic.
We hope that you have all managed to stay healthy over the last few months, it certainly has been a very strange and testing time for us all, and not one that we would like to see repeated anytime soon!
We really wanted to say a big THANK YOU to each and every one of you who have continued to support us over the last few months, and to let you know how much we have appreciated this.
We will of course continue to do all that we can to keep you, and our team safe and well. We therefore have some new salon rules and ways of working that you will find documented below. Please take the time to read the following, so that you are aware of what to expect.
- We will where possible, ensure that all clients can enjoy their visit within the accepted social distancing guidelines. This becomes difficult to guarantee if you bring additional members of your family with you to attend your appointment. We therefore request that you attend your appointment on your own.
- In order to keep clients safe whilst accommodating the demand for appointments, we will be open from 7am Monday-Wednesday as well as being open on Saturdays and Sundays. We plan to return to normal salon opening times in October
- Staff will be working a new shift pattern until October
- Appointments must be pre-booked - NO WALK IN APPOINTMENTS.
- Telephone bookings can be made Monday- Wednesday between the hours of 7am-1pm, and 9.30 – 1.30pm Thursdays and Fridays. Outside of these hours, our salon reception line will not be managed. We will happily return any missed calls or answer phone messages the next working day, or alternatively you can book online at mintandmarigold.co.uk or email us with your enquiry at email@example.com
- If it has been over a year since your last colour, you will need an allergy test – these are available during the hours of 7am-1pm Monday to Wednesday only. Allergy tests must be done 48 hours prior to your colour appointment.
- When you arrive at the salon, we ask that you wait outside, or in your car until greeted by your stylist/therapist.
- You will be asked to answer a few health questions and your temperature will be taken upon arrival.
- You will be required to sanitize your hands upon arrival and departure.
- You will be required to wear a face mask or covering of some kind. All our staff will be wearing full PPE (Aprons, gloves, visor and face covering).
- We ask that you come on your own to your appointment.
- We ask that you enter the salon with as little as possible. Please leave what you can in the car or at home. Any personal belongings will need to be in a bag, and with you at all times.
- We ask you not to answer phone calls whilst in the salon to avoid cross contamination and removal of your mask.
- No hot drinks or beverages will be available. Only water.
- No magazines or books will be available, you may bring your own reading material if you wish.
- You will be responsible for putting your own rubbish in the bin or taking it away with you once you leave.
- We will be cleaning our work-stations in between clients so that chairs, floor, work surfaces, mirrors and working equipment is clean and sterilised before we welcome you in. Please be patient if your appointment time is delayed whilst we ensure your safety is adhered to.
- A freshly laundered gown and towel will be used for each client.
- Children visiting the salon for an appointment will be requested to wear a mask and will need to have their hair washed. Please speak to Maria or Louise if you child may be affected by the new rules and struggle with visiting us during this time. We will be as flexible as we can.
- We will wash your hair prior to any cutting services.
- The bathroom will be available to use in emergencies only.
- As much as we will want to greet you with a hug or a kiss, it is simply a NO for now! We are advised to communicate through the mirror- rather than face to face, and have been advised to keep chatter to a minimum (we can’t promise the latter!)
- Should you need to cancel a booking, please notify us as soon as possible to avoid a 50% cancellation charge. Of course, we will completely understand if you need to cancel for reasons relating to COVID.
- If you have or have had any symptoms of COVID 19 or a member of your household has within the last 14 days, you must cancel your appointment and reschedule.
- You will be sent a health questionnaire via email prior to your appointment which will need to be completed and returned before your visit.
- Out team have the right to refuse your appointment if we suspect you have symptoms of COVID 19, have a high temperature upon arrival or are feeling unwell.
- We will need to ensure that we have correct contact details for you in case of the unfortunate event that we find ourselves exposed to the virus in the salon.
- We have decided NOT to add a surcharge to your bill for the cost of PPE.
- Card payment is preferred.
- If you have recently travelled, please ensure that the country you have visited does not include one of the countries requiring you to quarantine. If it does, please do not attend an appointment until you have quarantined for 14 days at home.
On a final note, please understand that all of this is new to each and everyone of us, and that we are doing our very best to accommodate all bookings as we take on this new approach. As with all public places, when you visit the salon there will be a very small risk of exposure to COVID 19. You can be assured of our utmost attention and care however, to keep you and our team safe and protected at all times. Together, if we are safe and sensible and do our bit, we can all continue to enjoy the little things in life we took for granted before lockdown, and for us that is seeing you all and making you feel amazing from the inside out.
We hope that as time goes on, we can soon bring back some of the niceties such as lovely beverages, wine, beer and welcome you with closer open arms. Until that time though, we will guarantee you a warm welcome, a professional service and a big smile (it's under the mask we promise!).
Once again, we thank you for your patience and understanding during this time and we look forward to seeing you.
Lots of love and the very best of wishes,
from all of us at MINT & MARIGOLD